Ericsson IMS Customer Support Engineer in China
Ericsson IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is a core network solution that delivers rich real-time communication services for both consumer and business users, including HD voice (VoLTE), Wi-Fi calling, enriched messaging, enriched calling with pre-call info, video calling, HD video conferencing and web communication.
The IMS Customer Deployment and Support (CD&S;) organization in Shanghai is looking for skilled engineers with a genuine interest in providing high quality technical support for our global customers. You will work in an international environment with lots of contacts from design teams as well as customer units around the world. You will have the opportunity to travel to different countries for onsite activities and to meet the customers. You will also work with Technical Deployment Support (TDS) to give on-site and remote support to various IMS deployment project activities including demo, trial and friendly user test. You need to be service minded and always keep the customers interest in mind. Having the right soft skills is also extremely important since you will have many different stakeholders to cooperate with.
- Deliver professional support towards our Customer Units and Customers.
- Handle and drive CSR’s (Customer Service Requests) from customers and drive customer issues to solution.
- Perform troubleshooting in real customer network and lab.
- Handle emergency support on a roster.
- Take on deployment support assignments and work both remotely and on site for various customer projects.
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes.
- Develop competence in technical domain.
- Master of Science / Bachelor degree or equivalent in any of the following: Computer Science, Telecommunication, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering
- Have experience and competence in the IMS domain. The experience with Cloud, CEE, VMware and Redhat is also preferable.
- Take initiatives and communicate with others, be self confident and have a high level of accountability.
- Have strong English skills both written and orally since you will have a lot of interfaces with the Regions.
- Self-driven and service minded since the quality of the work has a direct impact on the customer satisfaction and perception of Ericsson as a professional company.
- Be able to travel from time to time.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.