PayPal Technical Product Manager in Shanghai, China
Technical Product Managerin Shanghaiat PayPal
Date Posted: 3/8/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 3/8/2018
Job ID: R0028342
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
You will closely work with the various world-class data driven e-payment related businesses by using the cutting-edge technologies and advanced data solution. E.g., Risk control, customer services, privacies and etc. You will face the complex big data challenges or problems for fin-tech industry domain, which turns the big data to more valuable business insights, like customer profiling, risk assessment/vetting and so on. You do not only understand the data deeply but also lead the enterprise-level data products and solutions for huge amount of data, various types of data for more business insights.
• Responsible for one or more highly complex product/project delivery.
• With minimal guidance, develops a product strategy for the specific area and leads project execution.
• Represents their product to customers and to peers across PayPal and a critical stakeholder for feedback on new feature ideas.
• Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to understand the requirements, and drive data solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
• Supports PayPal business units by providing data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts and data scientists for Business insights, predictive analytics, machine learning, etc.
• Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching the feature. Successfully able to collaborate to resolve deadlocks and present feasible solutions. Ability to drive an agreement on a solution and its adoption.
• Facilitate technical discussion for their product and provide feedback and inputs in the technical and architectural design. Ability to review the tech specs and architectural design docs.
• Manage the expectation of internal and external customer by effectively prioritizing resources, work and negotiating product/project needs.
• Lead the team to ideate, do POC and implement change to bring innovation in their product, grooming new technologies and presenting them to management
• Drive data product vision; Define Product strategy for their portfolio; Participate in EDS level Planning; Build the product Roadmap.
BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
2+ years of experience in software engineering 2+ years people manager for software development team
7+ years working in enterprise business systems analysis or a similar role in large enterprise BI or data warehouse teams preferred.
Technical and tactical experience related to BI and/or data warehouse development, and a strong understanding of how the technologies to be used to deliver the right solutions.
Strong working knowledge of SQL query language.
Ability to draw on technical background to work with both business and development teams.
Experience with BI / EDW solutions in a large-scale enterprise environment, such as Teradata.
Good in Analytics throughout product lifecycle – documentation, communication and systems
Ability to engage with Business users and understand their needs. Communication with Business – own the communication channel with business area. Present data products to all levels in the organization
Problem solver, innovative thinker.
Ability to work with and across teams in an agile environment. Experience in agile project development life cycle a strong plus.
Working knowledge of JIRA and familiarity with Teradata, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Qlikview and etc.
Good knowledge of PayPal products, business process, business acumen, business domain understandings. Ability to identify dependencies and risks within their domain.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.