General Electric Lead Engineer - Repair Development in Shanghai, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This engineer will work in Aviation China Engineering Team at Shanghai deeply partner with Global Advanced Service and Repair Technology Organization, Component repair shop, Overhaul shop and, fleet management to develop and industrialize the advanced repair and on-wing technology
Lead Advanced service and aircraft engine repair technology Development & Industrialization align with repair readiness level and on-wing readiness level.
Close team work with design, material, shop, service team to define the specifications, manage process trial and validation through industrialization.
Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product /program requirements.
Provide strategic direction and plan the long-term adoption of the technology. Develop creative solutions to engine durability issues within technical, operational, and industrialization limitations.
Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems. Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues / problems
Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
New-developed repair/on-wing technology documentation and certifications, and provide support to shop NPI and on-wing industrialization.
-Strong communication to coordinate multiple team work between shop, design, material and advanced research group.
-Clear and System thinking on project management with metrics and knowledge include TRL, RRL, MRL and OWRL.
-Willing to reach out to understand user/customer pain points and response the solution plan. Manage the technology strategy can drive the business value. Quick learner to build essential knowledge of design, material, manufacturing, engine operation and on-wing service.
-Preferred experience and knowledge of Mechanical and manufacturing within aviation industry.
• Master above with background of manufacturing process development and equipment integration. With solid knowledge of material & metallurgical technology.
• Preferred experiences in developing industry cleaning tool/system, inspection, additive, welding and other special process beyond machining.
• Preferred engineering skills include mechanical system design, automation, robotics applications, equipment integrations.
• Experience in rapid retyping, designing and ordering test-enabling hardware.
• Demonstrated systematic problem solving, execution and program management skills.
• Good understanding of engine architecture and operation will be the plus.
• Strong communication to coordinate multiple team work between shop, design, material and advanced research group.
• Clear and System thinking on project management with metrics and knowledge include TRL, RRL, MRL and OWRL.
• Willing to reach out to understand user/customer pain points and response the solution plan. Manage the technology strategy can drive the business value. Quick learner to build essential knowledge of design, material, manufacturing, engine operation and on-wing service.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai