General Electric P&L China Leader in Beijing, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The P&L China Leader will play an active role on the PC organization transformation reporting to the Industry Segment Leader. As immediate priority, he/she will identify and drive a strong team responsible for commercial intensity and bringing in profitable volume.
She/He will be measured on achievement of the following financial KPIs for China: Orders, Sales, Free Cash Flow and Operating Profit.
P&L China Leader will be also responsible for Customer Experience: On time Delivery, Quality & responsiveness.
• She\He is the visible and active leader of the country, promoting a working environment to achieve excellence in EHS, quality, customer service, engineering and productivity. Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing all supply chain and related functions at the country level.
• Leads the country management team in the execution of business goals using lean manufacturing methods, ensuring sufficient capacity exists to deliver customer commitments, driving revenue, product quality, cost reduction, margin expansion and on time delivery through the effective utilization of resources. Drives operational excellence and continuous improvement.
• Makes sure the Projects team is the primary customer contact. Resolves specification and commercial issues, manages correspondence, provides periodic updates, ensures customer satisfaction, and negotiates / coordinates with staff as appropriate.
• From a Commercial perspective, secures good quality new capital business for Power Conversion. Makes sure the commercial team is primarily focused on the tendering and the sales. Dedicated to facilitating relationships with external customers via the tendering process, and manages at the same time the non-technical Global business disciplines to include tendering strategy, pricing and commercial/legal negotiations
• Directs a geographical area of a major business segment. Translates concepts, considers strategic options, develops tactics, and implements change. Creates programs responsive to external environment. Participates in cross-functional business and cultural development. Is responsible for meeting all established financial and operational commitments for the Country
• Drives best practice awareness and sharing, harnessing data driven, 6-Sigma, Lean and Fastworks approaches to problem solving, liaising with Global segments to ensure mutual support and cooperation to deliver shared objectives.
• Drives customer service mindset, engages and cooperates with the PC Segments teams to ensure delivery of customer expectations together with business priorities and objectives.
• Leads and develops a culture supportive of the GE Core Values and integrity, ensuring effective communication across the site, engaging with employees to ensure understanding and alignment with operational goals. Provides leadership development and performance feedback to the country leadership team, coaches and mentors across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
• Significant experience of leading a P&L
• Significant experience in manufacturing and supply chain activities, projects management and/or services with a strong site leadership component
• Knowledge of Power Conversion Products & Solutions portfolio
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred
• Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management, including production operations, inventory controls, costing systems, financial reporting measures.
• Previous experience in manufacturing policies and practices established in GE, together with commercial customer relationships.
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills, capable of influencing and driving a strategic change agenda across the organization. Change agent, with strong credibility at all levels of the organization. Strong communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to identify and explain critical issues. Six sigma/lean practitioner expertise is preferred.
• Ability to work effectively across functions, prior experience of developing and managing a global team.
• Proven mentoring and coaching abilities, demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Beijing