Shell External Relations Director - Greater China in Beijing, China
Auto req ID 76189BR
Job Title External Relations Director - Greater China
Country of Work Location China
City, State (if applicable) Beijing
Work Location Beijing
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world’s energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways. All of Shell’s core businesses are now represented in China. Upstream (oil and gas exploration and liquefied natural gas), Downstream (Oil Products and Chemicals) and our Projects and Technology organisation (Shell Global Solutions and Coal Gasification).
The role of the External Relations team within Shell is to maintain and enhance reputation and license to operate/grow in what is a vibrant sector in the China economy. The ER team is accountable for the overall management of NTRs to ensure Shell’s brand and reputation are protected and enhanced. The ER will ensure a holistic approach that includes brand/reputation management, media relations, issues and crisis management, corporate communications, social performance and investment, and stakeholder engagement. The ER team will partner the business to bring in the external insights and intelligence, to ensure informed decision making, and to position Shell in China strategically and properly.
The China ER Manager is expected to develop a deep and sophisticated understanding of the country and local business, political trends and key decision makers/influencers, as well as an understanding of the key drivers for Shell’s success in China.
Shell China partners with government, industry and organizations to share expertise, technical know-how and understanding of the energy system to help encourage robust dialogue leading to effective and efficient public policy outcomes.
This role is a member of the Country Co-ordination team (CCT) and of the regional ER leadership team.
• Understand the opportunities, challenges, trends, issues and risks in the external landscape through stakeholder sensing and engagement;
• Ensure that social and reputational opportunities and risks are assessed at an early stage, mitigated or leveraged, and integrated into business plans ; NTR integration and Stakeholder Relations at the country level, including respective plans;
• Communicate Shell’s capabilities, achievements, products/services, and thought leadership to build preference with partners, customers and other stakeholders;
• Lead the ER country team to support the businesses, assets and projects in country, enabling license to operate and grow; Key member to support bringing Shell businesses to China;
• Manage Shell’s brand and reputation in country, making a positive impact on the local society and communities where the business operates; managing social performance and social investment, including leading the country CSR activity, and supporting the development of the start-ups partnerships;
- Owning and delivering the various #makethefuture events/campaigns on an annual basis;
• Manage and oversee all ER resources in country, a team of 15 members in various locations, and integrate the overall ER support to businesses (including Centre of Excellence, such as Media and Creative Solutions);
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 25-Jun-2018