Dell Sr Analyst Proj/Prog Mgmt - IT in Xiamen, China
Responsible for consistent application of all standard project management methodology processes, tools, and documentation throughout the project lifecycle as aligned to the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
Understands service offerings so that they can identify and articulate new business opportunities and provide sales support.
Drives all aspects of project management activity, including collaborating and coordinating across the organization and ensuring the following:
- Changes that affect scope, schedule and resources are identified, managed and controlled with an integrated and cohesive plan.
- Scope is defined, approved, managed, controlled; ensuring completed deliverables are accepted by the customer.
- Schedule is developed and managed to on-time delivery.
- Costs are estimated and managed to deliver project within customer approved budget, while preserving profit margins.
- Resources are assigned and managed effectively and efficiently.
- Risks and issues are proactively identified and managed.
- High quality is planned and delivered on the project, meeting all agreed upon requirements and ensuring high customer satisfaction through the management of the overall customer experience.
- Communications are planned and conducted during the project to ensure stakeholders are involved, expectations are accurately set, managed, and key stakeholders receive adequate communications throughout the project lifecycle and this includes customer and Dell stakeholders.
Suppliers are managed efficiently and according to policy.
Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of professional field.
- Develops and applies specialized knowledge within own discipline.
- Deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and continuous learning.
- Knowledge of related industry considerations.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing systems, tools and procedures to accomplish job.
- Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization.
- Assists program or process development and implementation.
- Applies research, information gathering and analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
- Screens, categorizes, evaluates, reconciles, reports and resolves issues.
- Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems.
- Identifies issues beyond stated situation.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Basic capability in the nine PMI PMBOK knowledge areas to the extent necessary to effectively manage or support projects.
- Conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Network building - effectively navigates and utilizes network across various business units to get thing done.
- Project management by leveraging best practices from across project management team.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Job: *Project/Program Mgmt - IT
Organization: *Global Services
Title: Sr Analyst Proj/Prog Mgmt - IT
Requisition ID: 17000O53