General Electric Lead Engineer, Structural in Wuhan, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for ensuring the duct design is comply to reference specifications, standards and codes of duct, Doing the technical management and cooperation work, supervising and checking the execution. Participating in management review work.
o Providing a technically mature, economic and competitive Engineering which has to:
meet the contractually agreed design specifications of the customer
meet all statutory and/or contractually agreed stipulations, technical directives, codes
consider the experience from any plants under construction or in operation
allow a rational manufacturing and construction
Static Calculation with STAAD, 3D and 2D Analysis (Sructural Steel)
Static Calculation for plate works with STAAD or R-FEM (Ducts)
Engineering execution standards, e.g. for Arrangement Reviews/Freezes or Design
Review/Freezes and according to Division of Work and Definition of Engineering.
manage and check of outsourced work packages
- Complete duct structure calculation and Design Package.
- Complete the 3-D model and Arrangement Drawings of duct.
- Responsible for the selection and classification of related equipment such as dampers, expansion joints and hanger assemblies.
- Responsible for preparing the specification for the subcontract design and manufacture of duct and related equipment.
- Responsible for reviewing supplier drawings, timely communication with suppliers and solve subcontract design and manufacturing issues.
- Participate as a product owner and reviewer in product supplier qualification reviews.
- Completing work related task arranged by manager.
Authority for the respective Engineering discipline to define the technical design taking into account all relevant interfaces
Authority for the respective Engineering discipline to verify completeness of the engineering deliverables and to initiate corrective actions where required prior to forwarding these deliverables
Authority for the respective Engineering discipline to verify contract and schedule adherence and progress of the engineering and to request corrective actions where required.
Authority for the respective Engineering discipline to request all necessary input from Project Management, Supply Chain Management and Field Operations and all other internal and external interfaces within his processes.
Training in and several years of experience with design of mechanical equipment as used in
thermal power plants.
Experience with engineering planning and control
Knowledge of the business processes and tools applied
Knowledge of document management, scheduling and quality management / quality control
Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
Ability to work in an complex environment with functional and hierarchical reporting
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Good planning, organizing and priority setting skills
Ability to take the initiative to identify risk and opportunities and drive mitigation programs
- Familiar with referenced company management system, procedure and quality assurance systems and implement accurately.
- Passion for innovative technical solutions and process improvement.
Locations: China; HuBei; Wuhan
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.