Honeywell Supplier Development Engineer, Nanjing, HBT in China
Supplier Development Engineer, Nanjing, HBT
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
- Lead activities within the Commodity Manager to improve supplier quality, delivery, and performance for the assigned GBE’s products and suppliers.
- Lead the issue resolution and root-cause analysis processes associated with supplier quality issues.
- Lead PPAP qualification activities associated with new parts as part of NPI projects, and re-qualify parts as part of supplier transition projects.
- Utilize standard Honeywell processes to audit and approve new suppliers associated with the assigned GBE’s products and business.
- Expand product knowledge to maintain expertise and be a local expert for Sourcing, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Be an expert on Supplier Quality Tools – Lead / Assist with roll out, training and implementation of Supplier Quality tools for suppliers
- Lead / Support efforts to fully realize cost savings opportunities
- Lead / Support supplier development activities by using LEAN/Six sigma methodology in favor of business
- Liaison effectively with Commodity Managers, Program Managers…etc. on supporting High growth Region transition projects from Supplier Quality Perspective.
Will include travel – domestic and/or international
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related undergraduate degree required, Graduate degree preferred.
- At least 5 years work experience and strong knowledge related to the manufacturing, design, andgood experience on Mechanical Commodities（Metal knowledge is desired, like Casting/Machining/Stamping/Sheet Metal/Metal Raw material Tech, etc）,Supplier Quality management and low-maturity supplier development experience preferred. Automobile industry background would be plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired.Black Belt / Lean Expert certification preferred.
- Bilingual – English is required.
- Experience with ISO standards and supplier quality auditing
- Working knowledge of QS, TS, and APQP standards and processes preferred
- Strong background in Statistical Process Control, capability analysis (Cp, Cpk)
- Professional certification (CQE and CQA preferred) or willingness to obtain
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Must have demonstrated understanding of PPAP processes and implementation.
- Fluent using basic quality tools.
- Understanding of precision metrology techniques
- Project Management - will be expected to identify and implement projects with a high impact to the business.As such, should possess proven track record of successful leadership of high impact projects.
- Demonstrated capability in identifying Best Practices and leadership in successfully implementing these
- Exposure to Value Engineering, Lean Systems thinker, Change agent
- Must be willing to work in a results based, fast paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Communication and Interpersonal – crisp verbal skills for velocity plus effective listening skills; effective facilitation skills and demonstrates high energy
- Execution – persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills
Measures of success
- Defective Parts Per Million (PPM) for suppliers in the region.
- Savings achieved through supplier transitions and/or Lean Manufacturing and Value Engineering at suppliers
- Supplier lead time reduction and ability to implement value-added supplier processes such as Consignment, Stocking Programs, and Kan-ban
- Supplier delivery performance as measured by on-time-to-request (OTTR).
- Overall supplier scorecard improvement annually
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Remote Access Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD7110
- Category: Procurement
- Location: CHN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.