Ericsson Senior DevOps Engineer in China
The software engineer will develop, test, optimize and operate full stack distributed telco cloud infrastructure targeting for cloud-native IoT and 5G applications.
The cloud-ready environments is first used for internal Ericsson developers as well as extension to pre-production and production environment.
- Develop, test, operate high quality failure resistant cloud-ready infrastructure
- Automate and build best-in-class continuous integration, continuous deployment pipeline
- Network, scaling and performance tuning and trouble shooting
- Work with Ericsson developers globally in an inner-sourcing mode
- Extensive experience in developing carrier-grade virtual platforms in cloud environment
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills, automation and programing
- Linux system administration and network administration
- Multi Data center management, replication, scaling, performance tuning
- Metrics and monitoring – writing custom tools and integrating/adapting open source tools
- Education: MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD is a plus
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT/Telco industry, having proven experience in software design and development for complex platforms
- Experience with open source and proprietary cloud and virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Stay on top of CNCF landscape: https://www.cncf.io/
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, open mind and self-driven
- Passionate about seamless uptime and infrastructure resiliency to failures
- Delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance
- Continues learning habit and thirsty with open source technology and reading open source code
- Experience on CI/CD workflow is a plus
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.