SAP Java Developer- Globalization Services Job in Shanghai, India
Requisition ID: 152722
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Developer ( T2 )
LOB & Focus Industries - Globalization Services,
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. At SAP you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. LOB & Focus Industries unit in Globalization Services department is looking for enthusiastic ABAP developers to work on localization of Model S.
LOB & Focus Industries unit in GS is responsible for providing business process localization of On Premise products & Ariba- Cloud Applications for various countries.
Globalization Services (GS) acts as ‘One Face to the Field Organization and SAP Customers’ for all globalization topics: internationalization, localization and translation. The department consists of more than 20 nationalities representing.
The department language is English.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Ability to work independently with little direction in a Scrum Team following Agile Software Development process
• Break down complex software requirements into daily tasks including design, review, coding, testing, test automation
• Efficient coding skills with strong focus on quality and completeness
• Drive design reviews and code reviews
• Be flexible & open to work in any software development technologies based on advances in technology
• Ability to understand and master new technologies quickly
• Communicate confidently with integrity in difficult situations
• Willingness to work on software development and support
• Show empathy for end user of software
• Enthusiastic to work in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities form
• Takes responsibility for own and team goals. Gives adequate directions, makes needs and requirements clear to achieve performance expectations.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with Minimum 65 %
• Graduating with good academic record from top universities.
• Customer interaction skills, ability to prioritize software requirements, ability to identify
• reusability and hence provide acceptable work-around to customers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical & problem solving skills
• Strong knowledge of databases (DB Design, Efficient queries)
• Focus on software performance
• Self-motivated, open minded, resourceful, agile and pragmatic
• The candidate should have at least 3 to 5 years of solid experience in Java.
• Advanced knowledge of java and frameworks like Spring/ Spring Boot.
• Knowledge of Junits, RESTful API, java Script, Servlet
• Knowledge of Web services (Creation, Hosting, consumption), XSLT Coding
• Optional Skill/good to have: HTML5, UI5, FIORI
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• Hands on experience on advance topics like Spring boot, HANA
• Exposure to Application having Microservices Architecture.
• Exposure to best development practices in Cloud (SAP Cloud Classic and Cloud Foundry) based applications.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.