Amazon.com Sr. Vendor Manager, Grocery in Shanghai, China
We are seeking a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial Vendor Manager for our Consumables Business.This position will be responsible for Vendor Management of key partners. Responsibilities include managing vendor P&L, building relevant assortments by category and sub-category, developing pricing and promotion strategy, and partnering with vendors to drive deal quality and selection. The successful candidate will be comfortable thinking strategically also be able to execute every operational detail. This role requires strong big vendor management and negotiation skill to drive joint value creation for both Amazon and vendors, has customer obsession view to know what customer wants and how to provide better customer experience, meanwhile also requires the influence skill to interact with internal multi-functions, such as marketing, PR, legal, CS etc. for business related case management.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. They will be relentlessly focused on improving the customer experience. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
· P&L responsibility for managed vendors: negotiate the best-in-class vendor terms, costs, inventory arrangements, grow sales and margin
· Manage day-to-day vendor relationships, represent the product line when meeting with vendors’ senior executive teams
·Engaging with vendors to pitch the Amazon value proposition and gather insight and feedback into how Amazon can be their overstock solution
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
· Lead Big vendors'negotiation and management to deliver sustainable business results include both sales and margin growth.
·Planning and executing a robust pipeline of optimal deals across a variety of categories and subcategories.
· Lead Campaign (both Promotion and PR events) design and development, drive traffic, conversion, customer growth by collaborating with multi functions as total business owner.
· Analyzing large amounts of deal performance data to identify the attributes that determine a good deal.
8+ years in product, project, business, and/or vendor management is required
Bachelor's degree in business, operations, merchandising or a related discipline
Thorough knowledge of and experience using Excel and/or Access databases
8+ years in Consumables industry, product, project, business management.
Proven track record in vendor negotiation and relationship management.
Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts
Ability to work independently and focus on strong business analysis and research in a recent job function
Outstanding organizational skills and strong written/verbal communication skills
Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
AMZR Req ID: 562020
External Company URL: www.amazon.com