Ingersoll Rand Sr Corporate Counsel in Shanghai, China
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Ingersoll Rand is seeking to hire a Senior Corporate Counsel - Asia Pacific, to be based in Shanghai. This attorney will report to Vice President and General Counsel - Asia Pacific, who is based at our Asia Pacific Headquarters in Shanghai.
The Senior Corporate Counsel - Asia Pacific will be primarily responsible for legal matters relating to the business and operation in the China territory. This position will work closely with senior management in the China territory as well as members of the Legal Department across the globe.
This position requires an energetic, proactive, decisive, commercially minded and practical legal counsel. The Senior Corporate Counsel – Asia Pacific will cover the broad range of legal matters that confront a global company in the Asia Pacific region, including corporate governance, joint ventures, commercial contracts, procurement, government sales, business restructuring, labor/employment, channel management, litigation and risk mitigation.
- Interact directly and build relationships with senior management in the China territory to understand business risks in the territory and to drive strategies to mitigate such risks.
- Provide proactive and business-oriented legal counseling, and advise on the broad range of legal matters that confront a global company in the Asia Pacific region.
- Implement global strategies, policies and processes in the China territory and the Asia Pacific region.
- Develop standard tools and processes for use in the China territory and the Asia Pacific region.
- Lead and supervise junior team member in providing legal support and developing standard work.
- Work on special projects and assignments under the direction of the Vice President and General Counsel, Asia Pacific.
- J.D or LL.B ( LL.M) or equivalent degree from an accredited law school.
- PRC qualified attorney with 10 year legal experience obtained both in a law firm and in a multi-national in-house setting.
- Preference will be given to candidates with US, UK or European J.D or LL.M degrees and both PRC and a foreign bar qualification in good standing.
- High level of integrity and a commitment to compliance.
- Excellent language skills in Chinese and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with senior management and peers effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and commitment to continuous learning.
- Strong business acumen with a business-oriented approach to problem-solving, tempered by an appreciation for legal complexity, ethics and risk.
- Desire to proactively engage in risk mitigation strategies and to create tools and processes to help the businesses perform more effectively while mitigating risk.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment, and ability to meet short-and long-term deadlines.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Shanghai-China
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2017, 11:03:35 AM