Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer_USTC in Shanghai, China
Position: Software Engineer_USC
This is a rare opportunity to join a world class organization working on something that affect customers all around the globe. The Universal Store team in China is driving innovation and improvements across various areas of the daily operation of the Universal Store on various devices such as phone, XBOX, surface and PC.
You will contribute to tools and services that affect tens of millions of users worldwide and process billions of dollars. You will learn much about what it takes to engineer and operate at that scale. If you have a passion for designing, maintaining and running large scale tools and services spanning multiple datacenters, then this position might be a fit for you.
In this role you will design, develop, ensure the quality of features, and oversee their deployment to production. You will be able to monitor and improve your code based on live data. You will work on a team that is fully committed to test in production and continuous deployment. As live site health is critical to our business you will actively participate in helping meet our availability, reliability and latency requirements.
Successful candidates are expected to have:
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Relentlessly high standards (never satisfied with the status quo)
• Action oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• 3+ years software development or test experience shipping customer-facing products or online services
• Excellent C++, C# or Java coding skills, with a degree in Computer Science or mathematics
• Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases, and design/debug server-side, multi-threaded, and highly scalable applications
• Strong Database Skills is a plus
• Familiarity with Commerce is a plus
• Familiarity with Windows platform is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.