Google Product Design Engineer, Google Goods in Shanghai, China
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Product Design Engineer, Google Goods - Shanghai or Taipei.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan; Shanghai, China
As a member of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, you use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. As a mechanical engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts. You work in a manufacturing and product oriented development environment and collaborate with vendors and outside sources in order to see parts through to manufacture.
You are someone who wants to reinvent the shape of electronics: balancing comfort, performance, and appearance. You like to work on a team that balances these in an innovative and harmonious design that complements and enables the technology. You are comfortable working on the borders of risk, actively communicating among a team to establish a design direction, creating prototypes that prove it, and working to scale that prototype.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Define new architectures for Google Goods (headphones, power adapters, interconnect, soft goods) while collaborating with ID, power, thermal, central technology and human factors teams.
- Solve all issues associated with the natural path of product development with creativity and smart designs.
- Own all aspects of product design activities starting at early stages of the concept design, into prototyping and manufacturing while onboarding and guiding other PD team members.
- Work directly with engineering partners, reliability and operation to ensure excellence in product design execution.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as mechanical engineering, industrial design, or manufacturing or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with manufacturing processes including Plastic Injection Molding, Sheet Metal, Extrusion, Die Casting, and Machining.
- 7 years of product development experience in the mobile and consumer electronics industries.
- Expert level knowledge in Creo/NX/SW and surfacing tools.
- Shipped multiple products in a lead or principal engineer role.
- Travel as needed to vendors (manufacturing facilities overseas).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.