J&J Family of Companies Office EHS&S Manager in Shanghai, China
· Shared responsibility with site’s Business Leader / General Manager for EHS&S performance at the site
· Partner actively with local management to develop and implement a site RODMAP to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
· Develop EHS strategy & objectives for the site - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via regular dashboards & reports.
· Manage EHS&S programs at local offices and multiple sites. Set and monitor goals/objectives, provide adequate coaching/counseling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations.
· Monitor and evaluate EHS&S risks of operations in prevention mode, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS&S program to make it leaner and more efficient.
· Develop and implement EHS&S training & communication strategy for the site, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
· Develop, support and facilitate office EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S Safety Culture, EHS&S prevention program, system, risk control and monitoring in efficient way.
· Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS aspects of contractor programs.
· Set, deploy a strategy to implement efficient long term EHS&S safety culture program.
· Drive operational excellence in EHS&S risk control and Serious Injury & Illnesses program deployment.
· Mentor and coach sites partner to engrain EHS&S processes in operation on daily basis.
· Ensure strict alignment on reporting process and EHS&S tool deployment.
· Ensure permanent Compliance level and immediate escalation process in respect of J&J alert and reporting guidelines.
Accountable for EHS&S Safety Culture, system and program deployment to achieve regional, local and sites goals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Experience: 4-10 years of EHS experience is required; must include extensive experience with local regulated environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
EHS&S or Scientific Background. Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, Biosafety, Ionizing, Occupational Safety, hazardous and medical waste, fleet safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene and chemical handling is highly desirable. Demonstrated project management skills are required and individual must have technical/working knowledge of state and local regulations.
Competencies/Skills and Abilities
· Registered safety engineer
· Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, planning, organizing, and time management skills. Superior team player.
· Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills are required.
· Business management – produce & maintain project schedules & budgets
· Organizational skills – generate all required reports & record keeping systems
· Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace.
· Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
· Ability to lead local EHS professionals and manage additional multi-site EHS resources.
· Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· J&J Worldwide EHS data reporting and tracking systems.
· Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS function.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)
Environmental Health & Safety