UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer - Equities - Pricing and Market Data in Shanghai, China
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
– analyze business requirements and design solutions
– work as part of an onshore scrum development team
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– development, maintenance and support delivering Market Data from exchanges, vendors and UBS systems to client applications
– continuous improvement, test script maintenance, regression monitoring, quality control.
– task and Change Management, QA Resource management and QA/Prod system co-ownership.
– problem solving, planning, analysis, contribution to regional and global projects and initiatives.
– take ownership of development tasks from analysis to production, collaborating with BA, PM and Support teams, and the APAC and EU/US teams, delivering new market feeds plus enhancements and fixes.
– participate in planning, estimating, documentation, and stakeholder engagement
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Denali blue-zone team provides a mature global market data solution that is a pivotal part of the OMS application stack with whose teams we collaborate.
The solution is high volume, high availability and high profile. Focus is on quality. Performance is achieved through adherence to internally-developed GC-free networking and collections libraries. The team has distributed development and support capability across regions, with regional market specialties.
Your experience and skills:
– strong Java weighted toward systems programming, I/O, GC-free, data-structures, low-latency, Linux, including sys/admin, scripting in some of shell/Python/Perl/Groovy.
– event-driven programming and experience in connectivity or protocols, and with networks.
– experience in financial markets with understanding of Equities/ETD/FX market-data specifics and understanding of trading systems and order management systems in financial markets.
– 10+ years of previous experience in systems development and hands-on experience with agile methodologies, especially scrum
– successfully applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements including stability, capacity, scalability and manageability
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
– passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 146989BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer - Equities - Pricing and Market Data
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: China
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)