Cosma International Internal Auditor Trainee[MII01268] in Shanghai, China
This position is for Internal Audit, a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
- This unique and exciting position will require focus on supporting internal audit activities of the regional Internal Audit Office to improve the control systems at the Asian locations. This position provides the successful candidate with opportunities to continue within Internal Audit (IA) or be placed within Magna or a division of Magna. We are searching for serious career oriented people.
- Preparing pre-audit file analyses and sample selections to audit teams as required;
- Performing audit fieldwork including Financial, Operational, IT, Specific Procedures, Special Investigations and SOX Testing;
- Travel will be extensive and will be approximately 70%, depending on work requirements. Candidate must be able to travel and work in the stated regions;
- Ensure full engagement communication and coordination with the auditees and other staff;
- Maintaining and continuously improving existing IA departmental reports and system databases within the stated regions;
- The candidate must fully understand corporate policies and procedures and furthermore, abide by and practice internal IA & IIA standards, guidelines, practices and terminology.
Skills and Competencies
Required Technical Skills:
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications (including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and specialized auditing software such as ACL or IDEA.
- Experienced and effective user of Outlook, E-mail and Scheduling/Administrative Modules;
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess or near completion and be in good standing of a professional accounting designation as follows: CPA or CGA (other equivalent).
- Be designated or be actively pursuing globally recognized designations issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors; Information System Auditors and other designated professional agencies (this education is supported by IA management);
Preferred Other Skills & Experience:
- Internship experience or understanding of audit activities & standards;
- Fluency in stated languages to a business level in reading, writing and speaking;
Required Personnel Characteristics:
- Organized - be able to approach each task and assignment in a disciplined, methodical and systematic manner with sufficient detail including planning, execution, communication and records retention (filing) on a timely basis.
- Professional – be able to communicate with several corporate individuals from different levels in an even, objective, non-opinionated and polite manner. A candidate must be technically competent in accounting and auditing practices with the ability to develop leadership skills.
- Flexible - be able to handle stress and a change of plans at a moment’s notice and organize such tasks in priority to fulfil IA obligations while working in a team environment.
- Committed & Reliable - commitment to complete tasks accurately, with sufficient detail, efficiently and effectively. Good team member interaction and communication is essential.
- Confidentiality & Trustworthy – proven record of high ethical standards. All information within the department is to remain strictly confidential. All information to remain within Internal Audit unless specifically directed.
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna China
Job Type: Apprenticeship