BlackRock Fixed Income China Product Strategist in Shanghai, China
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for the development of Fixed Income products for Institutional and Retail clients, and representing these products to internal and external clients including investment consultants, existing clients and prospects. The universe of products includes index, model based active and fundamental active. The team is centrally involved in the firm’s thought leadership agenda. Critical to the success of the Product Strategy team is the maintenance of strong relationships with the Institutional Client Business (ICB) and Retail Sales groups, which are responsible for managing and developing BlackRock’s client relationships, and the Global Consultant Relations team, which is responsible for maintaining BlackRock’s relationship with investment consulting firms.
Job Purpose / Background
BlackRock’s APAC Fundamental Fixed Income Business is looking for a product strategist to support the expansion of our onshore China Focused products both distribution and development.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to support the fund managers, product strategists, institutional and retail sales teams in promoting a variety of Fixed Income products to Chinese investors. The individual will work in partnership with sales, global marketing and other key stakeholders to promote and support these products. This will include presenting to prospective clients, giving update calls for existing clients, working on slides, marketing materials, RFPs, reports and client queries. The successful candidate will possess a deep knowledge of fixed income, the cross-border fund marketplace, investment management and global economics. They will also have a very good understanding of the needs of a very wide range of clients. Additionally, the candidate must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to form trusted relationships and work across the organization.
- Engage clients and distribution partners across the region with a focus on Greater China : Develop a network of client relationships and contribute to/attend client and prospect meetings, including pitching for new business, reviewing key positions, portfolio construction and performance
- Satisfy ad hoc requests for information and analysis
- Create, develop and maintain marketing materials including thought pieces to assist in investor relations, creation/awareness efforts and external engagement. Help define and position BlackRock’s competitive advantage in the wider Fixed Income landscape; must be able understand industry dynamics and drivers of growth
- Working with portfolio managers to provide monthly commentary and fund factsheets, and quarterly fund reports
- Compiling regular reports for segregated client mandates
- Evaluate performance attribution and communicate portfolio performance
- Work with portfolio managers and other strategists to understand and be able to communicate current market conditions and the opportunities arising for clients
- Monitor effectiveness : Develop and maintain metrics for tracking production, product pipeline, meeting initiation, quality of interactions and follow-up with existing client relationships.
- Due diligence: Support and contribute to the management the firm’s response to client and prospect due diligence, including operational due diligence meetings and RFP’s
- Monitor competitive universe : Perform / highlight product and competitor analysis for current and envisaged products
- Assist with product development on new and existing products
- Provide strategic investment insight to clients and prospects across the Fundamental business
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin is essential
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree, CFA ; MBA a plus
- Good Client facing experience, confident presenter and strong team ethos
- Strong understanding of the onshore China asset management industry and capital markets, particularly fixed income; Insurance/LDI experience beneficial
- Proven financial services experience, preferably within a product specialist / portfolio management role; Institutional experience desirable
- Ability to execute across teams and drive projects with input and feedback from key stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of global economics and markets and an interest in current affairs and events
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Product Management
Organization: INV-T&P-Product Strategy
Title: Fixed Income China Product Strategist
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Shanghai
Requisition ID: 162949
Job Posting: Jun 18, 2017, 11:00:00 PM