NBC Universal Etailing Senior Manager in Shanghai, China
Job Number 36907BR
Job Title Etailing Senior Manager
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International Consumer Products
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal’s international operations outside the US and Canada include film and television distribution, home entertainment distribution, channels, film and television production, theme parks and news operations. The company is led by Kevin MacLellan, Chairman. MacLellan is responsible for oversight of all NBCUniversal International’s businesses, as well as identifying and executing international growth opportunities for both NBCUniversal and Comcast Corporation. With more than 2,200 employees across 34 countries, NBCUniversal’s international portfolio consists of international channels delivering quality content to 176 territories across EMEA, Latin America and Asia; television production labels in both UK and Australia; a library of 4,000 feature films and 75,000 TV episodes for international television distribution; direct film distribution operations in 11 countries; direct home entertainment distribution operations in 7 countries with licensee relationships covering approximately 55 additional territories; CNBC International, which broadcasts across EMEA and APAC; Parks & Resorts operated through license agreements in Singapore and Japan; and an international NBC News team based in London. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
The Senior Manager, Etailing will be responsible for the development and execution of etailing strategies and programs for Greater China. The focus of the position is to develop well-articulated strategic business plans and guide implementations through working with licensee partners’ e-commerce team to boost online sales of licensed products and deliver significant e-commerce marketing and promotional activities to enhance franchise value.
• Work with the VP of Consumer Products GC to develop etailing business model and strategies.
• Effectively manage etailing budget to maximize ROI.
• Create and implement etailing programs to achieve/support business objectives including sales revenue, market share, brand awareness etc.
• Develop etailing plan and marketing campaign for key licensees and key ecommerce platforms, in collaboration with category team to drive business growth.
• Work closely with GC Franchise and Retail Marketing Head to develop compelling online marketing strategies and initiatives for seasonal promotions.
• Provide business analytics on etailing financials including market share by licensee, etailing sales by e-commerce platform and annual growth plans etc. to help drive performance.
• Work with external agencies to conduct online retail research to stay abreast of trends, best practices, and opportunities.
• Communicate with and develop solid relationships with senior leadership team of ecommerce platforms (T-Mall, Taobao, JD, YHD, etc.) to enhance partnership.
• Bachelor’s degree above, major in business administration or marketing;
• 8+ years of e-commerce / online retailing management experience in China with in-depth understanding of the Consumer Products online retail landscape and customer insights;
• Results oriented, ideally with prior experience working in a role that involved meeting revenue goals;
• Passionate for entertainment industry, has good knowledge of IP licensing business;
• Knowledgeable and up to date on retail marketing activity and trends in China;
• Strong organizational skills and presentation skills;
• Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills;
• Adept at disseminating information efficiently to support effective business management and decision-making
• Adaptable in a fast paced working environment;
• Fluent in both English and Chinese in verbal and written;
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.