Caterpillar Distribution Supervisor in Shanghai, China
*JOB DUTIES: *
· This position is responsible for the supervision of the various functions within the facility including order filling and shipping, loading and unloading material, systems related grief resolution.This position also oversees the facility safety function.
· Ensure that parts are received, packaged, stored, order filled and shipped in an efficient, safe and timely manner.
· Supervise salaried / hourly personnel to ensure completion of assigned tasks in accordance with established processes. Ensure parts inventory is received, processed and stored in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Respond to client calls and makes immediate decisions to resolve the issue. Contribute to the development of an effective work force by assigning, directing and motivating employees to conform, defined and documented processes. Provide necessary on the job training. Improves productivity and quality by taking ownership of the process. Lead teams working on problem resolution and process improvement. Maintain high employee morale by ensuring basic elements of work discipline are delivered. Conduct daily Safety meetings and observes employees for unsafe behavior, correcting behavior through counseling. Incumbent must possess knowledge of contract terms and enforces the language. Prepare and maintains necessary paperwork for hourly attendance records. Responsible for various projects and reports.
· Supervise or manage a work unit of salaried / hourly employees where planning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
· Typical internal customers include a Department or Business/Service Unit in a Division. External contacts include various customers and vendors. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems. The incumbent generally resolves issues by following departmental guidelines or applying a solution that worked in the past. The incumbent is free to determine the best way to complete job assignments in order to achieve desired results. Work is reviewed after completion, except in the most complex or high impact situations. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, Part Quality, etc.
· Ensures all safety processes and initiatives are followedto maintain high standards of safety within the facility.
· Any other tasks as and when assigned by Supervisors.
University degree or equivalent experience
Typically requires 5 - 8 years of related operation experience.
Background in service parts warehouse management is desirable
Good knowledge of planning and assembly experience
Possesses good leadership, supervisory, communication skills
Ability to work independently and good judgment
Good written and spoken English
Good PC skills: Microsoft products (Access, Excel, Visio) MS-project.
Title: Distribution Supervisor
Requisition ID: 170005PV