J&J Family of Companies Compliance Senior Lead - CN in Shanghai, China
A. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Manages SOX 404 and compliance activities for three (3) GS sites in China: Suzhou (Regional), Shanghai and Beijing (Local).
· Coordinates the implementation of the SOX requirements set by Corporate Internal Audit, e.g. SOX 404 Key Dates.
· Works with Management Team to improve their understanding of compliance framework and operational compliance set by the Regional and Global Compliance.
· Monitors and improves business process compliance according to worldwide procedures (WWP), Internal Control Handbook (ICH), SOX Guidelines and Company policies and procedures set by Corporate.
· Escalation point for issues/clarifications not resolved locally in GS sites. Seeks alignment with Regional and Global Compliance to ensure having aligned compliance and business processes in place.
· Identifies compliance risks at the China GS sites as well as opportunities to improve and achieve sustainable compliance in finance operations and reporting.
· Ensures SOX testing plan and execution in LGS China are aligned with corporate requirements. Performs quality reviews of SOX testing performed by staff.
· Drives communications for any change/updates in compliance and control environment between China GS sites and local finance.
· Works with relevant stakeholders to resolve and prioritize issues / initiatives related to compliance.
· Involved in consultations and helping formulate robust remediation actions for any audit findings raised by CIA and/or PWC. Ensures corrective action plan are monitored effectively and closed timely.
· Provides coaching/mentoring to staff.
· Establishes the capacity to report, as required, directly to the ATR & ITC Leads.
B. PLANNING AND ORGANIZING
· Develops the annual compliance plan for the China GS sites and ensure that activities are carried out by staffs and relevant parties.
· Develops effective and value-added tracking systems for compliance monitoring and compliance metrics or scorecard to assist the development of best practice initiatives.
· Coordinates compliance program awareness and communication e.g. compliance training of staff and management.
· Proactively plans and organizes, on an on-going basis, consistent and accurate compliance work from which robust internal control and compliance environment is achieved.
· Proactively organizes and plans time to ensure formal meetings with key customers and stakeholders are held regularly.
· Flexibly manages time to meet changing priorities and deadlines while ensuring the core tasks are still performed.
C. DECISION MAKING
· Demonstrates consistently correct decision making when judging the level of criticality of compliance issues, the mitigating actions required and the management level to which it must be elevated.
· Applies professional judgement to understand the different compliance approaches by work functions e.g. Invoice to Cash (I2C) and Account to Report (A2R).
· Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves essential compliance issues to deliver the required service level agreement (SLA) with the local affiliate.
· Ensures consistent interpretation and application of the financial guidelines as set forth by the WWPs and ICH. Seeks clarification from the Regional Compliance, CIA or WWP team if it requires further interpretation.
D. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
· Develops and manages Compliance team (comprising of compliance supervisors) goals, work schedules and activities, back up procedures and staffing requirements to ensure coverage at all times
· Pro-actively allocates resources – including job rotation and cross training to facilitate knowledge sharing
· Ensures team members have the appropriate skills, supporting tools and technologies to enable them to deliver excellent customer service
· Provides leadership, coaching, counseling, training and guidance team so they can proactively carry out their role to the highest possible standard
· Sets performance objectives, and monitor and evaluate team performance on a regular basis to ensure that service levels and targets as defined in Service Level Agreements are met; and take corrective action when required
· Creates an environment that allows team members to grow and be continuously challenged
· Drives towards balanced workload, quality recruitment and high team motivation and morale
E. INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
· Effectively manages internal and external relations using tact, persuasion and teamwork, exchanging routine and non routine information clearly so that the recipient can understand and act upon it as required.
· Possessing a high degree of interpersonal skills and utilises these to build trust and confidence across the Agency.
· Possessing a high degree of self-confidence to withstand criticism of the compliance process as it identifies areas where poor practice has been the previous norm.
· At least University degree in finance related field or equivalent with professional certification (e.g. CPA)
· At least 8 years experience in service support function with comprehensive understanding of compliance and control, as well as service performance concepts, processes and procedures
· At least 4-5 years in a management and/or supervisory role
· Experience in shared services center of a multinational corporation desirable
· Able to read, write and speak English fluently
Johnson & Johnson Medical Shanghai Ltd. (7055)