Mintel Account Manager, Professional Service in Shanghai, China
Account Manager, Professional Service
Location Shanghai, China
Date Posted 14th July 2017
Job Type Full-time
Requisition ID 226
Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for over 38 years.
With an expanding global presence, our worldwide office locations include London, Chicago, New York, Sydney, Singapore, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Our global reach and local presence ensures we understand the diverse needs of our international and regionally-focused clients.
Mintel China Reports offers unrivalled coverage of the Chinese Consumer market across a range of sectors including Food, Beverage, Beauty, Retail, Food Service, Automotive, Digital, Finance, Lifestyle, Household and Travel.
Focusing on the Market, Consumer and Key Trends the reports are used widely throughout the Professional Services Industry in China to evaluate potential markets and make strategic business decisions.
As we continue to expand our client base in the Professional Services market, we are looking for an Account Manager who is ambitious, service-driven and experienced in account management. The position will involve day to day management of key accounts as well as strategic development and growth of all Professional Services clients.
- Using Mintel's existing product and services to provide top-line analytical support to our clients and prospects
- Providing proactive & insightful content to support new business pitches.
- Present value and insights to our clients & prospects whilst at the same time proactively exploring opportunities for content creation to be distributed throughout Mintel’s client network.
- Ensuring account servicing is delivered in accordance to what has been agreed in the service contracts
- Providing training and ad-hoc support to clients in using Mintel's products and services that they have subscribed to
- Ensure all client deliverables are met to a timely manner as well as driving new market opportunities within existing clients
- Maintain and grow existing account relationships
- Tie in with the Business Development team and Account Servicing team to create best practices for clients and prospects
- Create account level business plans specific to assigned portfolio and deliver account service to aid in the renewal and enrichment process
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Professional Services sector (Agency, Financial and Education)
- Effectively utilize CRM system to report business activities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, commerce, marketing
- 3+ years proven account management in the Professional Services sector, preferable but not specifically to Agencies (including Media/Advertising)
- Strong account management skills
- Highly polished, professional and consultative servicing style
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills •
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent English and Chinese
- Self motivator
- Team player
- Strong business ethic
- Willingness to travel