VMware Technical Account Manager, Nanjing in Nanjing, China
As one of our Technical Account Managers (TAM) based in Nanjing, you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with VMware's Enterprise customers. These customers are typically large accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their data centers.
You will serve as a trusted advisor to ensure successful implementations and as a technical account manager to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will become the customer's single point of contact into all of VMware. As such, your technical abilities will be critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise. TAMs consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and ROI with the VMware platform.
TAMs are also the customer’s virtualization guide and primary liaison with VMware, and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues. They must marshal resources across the VMware organization when necessary. In addition, TAMs proactively expand VMware platform adoption and standardization within accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate VMware technology and influence change. Outside of field activities, TAMs report key account metrics and insight to internal VMware teams, and contribute to TAM Program process development.
The TAM will be working within our Professional Services Organization (PSO).
• Provide project leadership for the customer's major VMware initiatives (This would include project management and solutions consulting)
• Manage cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, and support staff
• Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required
• Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
• Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
• Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer requirements
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
• Function as a front-line technical resource for "best practice" and informal customer questions
• Travel is required up to 30 percent of the time, including Macau and occasionally International
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth.
• Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, preferably as a professional services consultant
• Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
• Strong technical skills, specifically in Datacenter platforms, operating systems, desktop deployment, system administration and/or technical architecture
• VCP 5 minimum, VCP 6 recommended
• Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
• Good understanding of strategic sales process
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate with CxO level personnel
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training or industry experience preferred
• Background in management consulting or "Big 5" consulting organization is desirable
• Fluent in English and Chinese
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.