Applied Materials Software (Technical) Support Engineer II Senior - (E2) in Nanjing, China
Demonstrates higher level knowledge and skills within own discipline. Solves varied and moderately complex problems. Exhibits knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
Understand, research, and resolve internal and external application and systems issues of moderate difficulty. Independently learn and investigate customer's high value problem (HVP), systematic bug or systematic software failures.
Create, test, and verify installation/upgrade instructions for Applied Materials’ product releases.
Participates in product design, testing and documentation reviews as appropriate. Participate in user conferences.
Provide off-hours customer support via pager and cellular telephone as scheduled. Provide telephone coverage as scheduled.
Attend AMAT classes in designated product line and external classes for third-party software.
Provide on-going training to customers and customer engineers (CE) for technical products and systems issues.
Provide assistance in analysis of customer OS performance, integration and database management issues. Deliver updates and reports to managers, partners and peers.
Assist in training junior level engineers in departmental procedures, corporate procedures, and detailed product operation.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: China-Jiangsu-CHN,Nanjing
Job Title: Software (Technical) Support Engineer II Senior - (E2)
Requisition ID: 1705452
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: No Relocation