Pinkerton Investigator | Jinhua, China in Jinhua, China
The Investigator will support the Operations team by conducting investigations, organizing and analyzing evidence, and evaluating business processes and case projects. The positions will be short-term assignments (3 to 6 months).
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other Pinkerton Asia agents.
- Design investigative approaches and tactics for review by the supervisor.
- Work in case-specific teams of investigators to conduct highly complex investigations.
- Perform preparatory work for the investigations by analyzing the problem and studying documents, conducting research, and determining the chain of activities (e.g., conducting interviews, surveys, analyses and data backups).
- Evaluate business processes and case projects in terms of their risk, correctness, economic feasibility and quality.
- Prepare investigation reports for review by the manager and recommend further steps to be taken, including, comprehensive presentation of investigative results.
- All other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, which may include background investigation.
- Must meet the country age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in China.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree in Sociology, International Trade, Law, Political Science, Market Research, or similar fields or another qualification with a comparable skill set or experience level. At least one year of experience in foreign trade and foreign trade sales, with market research and investigations,preferred.Fluency in English and either Mandarin, Cantonese, or any other Chinese Dialect is required.
- Foreign trade sales, international trade, market research, and/or investigations experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; Mandarin and English (CET 6).
- Previous investigation skill or techniques, preferred.
- Able to organize and analyze evidence.
- Able to work and think independently, self-motivate and show initiative.
- A strong work ethic and proactive attitude to work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical planning, critical review, and problem solving skills.
- Able to participate in administrative/law enforcement raids
- Serve as an effective team member.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, and kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.
Apply Current Employees Click Here