State Street SPDR ETF Sales & Relationship Manager, Hong Kong in Hong Kong, China
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
State Street Global Advisors is hiring a SPDR ETF Sales & Relationship Manager based in Hong Kong. This is a key member of the APAC SPDR ETF team working closely with the Head of SPDR ETF, Hong Kong to develop the SPDR ETF business.
Scope of Role:
The SPDR ETF Sales & Relationship Manager, Hong Kong is a key member of the APAC SPDR ETF team working closely with the Head of SPDR ETF, Hong Kong to develop the SPDR ETF business. This role is mandated as a sales and client relationship leader for initiating sales activity plan; and implementing sales activities as specialist sales across all channels in Hong Kong:
Institutional Asset Owners:segment includes Pension Funds (DC, DC Platforms and DB), Endowments, Charities, Colleges, Not-for-profit, OIG Clients (Sovereign Wealth Funds, Central Banks, Supranational entities), Fiduciary Management (aka. OCIO for AO clients typically through Consultant), Consultants, Insurance Companies (General Account).
Institutional Asset Managers:segment includes Fund Managers (Single and Multi-Asset Class), Buy-side and Sell-side Trading Desks, Hedge Funds, Insurance Companies (Asset Management) and Family Offices
Financial Intermediaries:segment includes Wealth Managers and Private Banks, Retail / Retail Platform / Independent Financial Advisors (IFA), Robo Advisors, Other Retail Aggregators.
- Establish and initiate focused sales activity plans to drive sustainable growth for both global range and local range of SPDR ETFs
- Identify and on-going review of priority client list from target segments
- Establish on-going engagement programs covering priority clients, client segments with well thoughout coverage models
- Constantly track sales progress against strategic focuses in order to achieve activity and financial targets
- Proactively monitor and adjust sales plans based on learnings and market developments
*Sales Plan Implementation:*
- Drive and execute the ETF selling process via client interface and on-going engagements
- Partnerwith SPDR expertise functions including Capital Markets, ETF Strategy & Research, Product, and Marketing to implement sales activities
- Establish a clear sales pipeline to deliver against the plan
- Operate in highly focused and discipline approach according to sales activity plan
- Record all sales activities in CRM system promptly for on-going implementation effectiveness and efficiency management
- Ensure 100% compliance environment while conducting sales implementation; and proactively identify, esculate, and address potential areas of risk
- Assume full accountability for priority ETF client relationships as the senior sales leader
- Take ownership of strategic client relationships as the senior SPDR point person for clients
- Establish and develop close working relationships with priority clients through on-going client engagement programs
- Develop deep understanding of priority clients’ overall positions and needs; and map out future opportunities for placing SPDR ETFs
- Leverage SSGA and SPDR resources globally to address client needs with an aim to grow SPDR assets for priority clients
- Represent SPDR in client meetings, events, and presentations
- Collaborate with SSGA Institutional Client Facing team to support and to drive ETF sales among target client segments.
- Work closely with SSGA client facing team to identify and to understand the ETF potentials from key strategic clients
- Joint efforts in sales activity planning and execution to provide ETF specialist insights and client supports
To be successful, the SPDR ETF Sales & Relationship Manager, Hong Kong must be a self-starter who possesses a strong sales and client oriented mindset. The candidate would be able to prioritize responsibilities; and to operate within a team based environment and collaborate in a productive manner, seek to ensure rigorous compliance and control, and appropriately leverage resources across the firm. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and track record of success:
- 8 years of relevant experience covering institutional and intermediary clients in an asset management or a sell-side sales environment. Of which, at least 4 years in ETF sales, with a deep book of relevant client relationships
- Proven ability to deliver sales growth
- Strong knowledge of the ETF market landscape, key competitors and market trends
- Strong team player in a multi stakeholder environment
- Proven experience as a leader in managing clients and developing relationships across multiple products and asset classes
- Solid investment foundation and excellent analytical skills
- University degree qualified or above with a financial or analytical discipline preferred
- Strong investment product knowledge and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, motivated individual, with a commitment to excellence
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong influencing and partnership skills – with clients and stakeholders
- Executive presence/gravitas/maturity
- Solution oriented mindset and a change agent
- Enthusiastic, motivated and open
- Positive, entrepreneurial and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and navigate complexity
State Street Job ID: 164209
Location: Hong Kong
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: SPDR ETF Sales & Relationship Manager, Hong Kong
Job ID: 164209
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: China - Hong Kong