DXC Technology SAP PP Consultant in Guangzhou, China
Undertakes the service management activities and minor enhancement involved in the ongoing delivery of Application Management. Provides application lifecycle technical expertise for the support, monitoring, troubleshooting, change and enhancement of packaged (e.g. SAP, Oracle) or custom applications (e.g. Java, .NET and Mainframe) in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and established technical standards such as CMMI-SCC and ISO. Provides technical input, and delivery model solutions/recommendations to Application Management Services deal pursuit. Engages in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Undertakes the full range of Service Management functions required to ensure service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and committed service levels on an on-going basis following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards, such as ISO, and best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Manages the technical/service relationships: between the company and the customer, between the company and subcontractors/vendors, or among various company internal organizations. Works with the key customers, and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (e.g., Account Executive and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. Application Management employees are supported by Service Desk function when they work directly with application end-users on application incidents. Provides input to and/or manages service improvement programs regarding customer satisfaction and service delivery.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
• Technical Knowledge: Apply advanced technical and business knowledge (e.g. SAP, Java, .NET) to solve application issues that are critical or high-risk. Independently integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
• Incident Management: Resolve single- and cross technology/application incidents independently. Document known errors and work arounds Works with team members, delivery centers, and other company organizations to resolve unusually complex or cross-technology incidents.
• Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations via established processes.
• Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
• Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer needs. May lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board.
• Configuration Management: Oversee configuration management processes, resolve issues, and implement processes to improve efficiencies.
• Solution Design: Apply company solutions to meet highly complex customer needs. The solution may include service delivery models for new services.
• Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
• Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead customer and internal projects across technology customers and/or internal businesses/end users' areas, including transformation.
• Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users regarding operational details, solutions, and proposals. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer. Provides training to end users on applications in area of responsibility. Understands and manages to contract scope.
• Teamwork: Work as part of a global, and/or multi-functional team. Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in work area. Seen as a resource and may mentor less experienced team members within the team in one or more technical-/operational policies/standards or business areas. Is a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area.
• Contract Knowledge: Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of contract obligations across business area. Provides guidance to others to meet contract obligations.
• Mentor less-experienced team members on all areas of Applications Management work.
• Capacity and Performance - Ensures that the Capacity Management process and working practices are effective and efficient. Evaluates the impact of proposed changes on the capacity design and plan.
• Business Continuity - Responsible for activities involving damage assessment, co-ordination with other recovery teams, deciding on recovery steps to take, maintaining records, and providing recovery status reports.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities