Marriott Sales Merchandiser in China, China
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Sales Merchandiser, Beijing executes the merchandising of group, contract, business transient and/or extended stay sales opportunities by using Marriott s sales information systems and technology. The Sales Merchandiser serves as the point of contact between customers, GSO Sales Managers/Directors and the properties. In this role, the Sales Merchandiser utilizes sales techniques to maximize revenue and build customer loyalty. In addition, this position has direct accountability for select transactional sales activities for a designated number of group accounts.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects and Policies
- Evaluate, qualify and respond to leads in a professional and timely manner
- Act as the liaison between the customer and hotel(s) to present rate proposals, maximize or convert potential bookings, and close the sale
- Generate contracts to finalize sales transactions
- Ensure business is transitioned to designated property appropriately and in a timely manner for proper service
- Provide service to customers to grow account share on behalf of MI, across the enterprise
- Participate on project and account teams, executing activities that support strategic account management and team-based sales models
- Join sales managers on sales calls, as appropriate
- For assigned accounts, provide proactive account management with primary focus on the group segment
- Provide sales program/event coordination (e.g. Hotel Excellence, sales missions, trade shows), reporting support, and/or general administrative support, as needed
Maintaining Business Goals
- Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFAWeb|CI/TY and alternate information systems to ensure accurate reporting
- Assist with the closing of business opportunities to ensure team and departmental goals are met
- Generate and organize sales reports utilizing internal data systems (e.g. SFAWeb|CI/TY, MRDW)
- Support operating budgets and venue targets to support the GSO business plan
- Monitor and evaluate GSO office processes and procedures; recommend improvements as necessary
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline/Functional Knowledge
- Use standard software applications such as MS Office, SFAWeb|CI/TY, MRDW, etc.
- Know how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve a leader
- Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge
Contributing to Teams
- Navigate the MI organization to achieve collaboration by leveraging relationships and knowledge
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization
- Work effectively in a virtual team-based environment
- Prepare, edit and proofread written documents (e.g. daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports, etc.) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively through written and verbal communications
- Approach opportunities with a positive, open-mind
- Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and programs that will enhance team productivity and/or business results
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of authenticity and ethical standards
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information
- Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Sales and Marketing, Guest Services, Front Desk or related professional area OR a 2 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Requisition ID: 170014H2