Marriott Director, Wholesale - APAC in China, China
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The global distribution landscape in the lodging industry continues to expand and become more complex, and Marriott International recognizes the development and execution of an enhanced future intermediary partner relationship strategy as a key strategic focus. As part of Marriott s Distribution Strategy team, the Director Wholesale, APAC reports to the Sr. Director, Distribution - APAC.
The Director, Wholesale - APAC is responsible for the execution of Marriott s global wholesale strategy in APAC with focus on a) transforming and modernizing traditional and offline wholesale and leisure relationships to create efficiencies and improve content controls by taking advantage of new tools and technology, b) managing the day-to-day relationship with assigned account portfolio by building/maintaining strong trusted relationships with account partners and internal Marriott partners that are accountable for delivering against mutually defined account goals and KPIs, c) supporting B2B distribution strategy and develop Continent specific recommendations, and d) providing distribution strategy guidance and education to Continent stakeholders.
This position is accountable for assigned initiatives to support Marriott s Global Distribution Strategy, including required internal and external relationship and stakeholder management. The position demonstrates advanced knowledge of job-relevant topics, systems and processes.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel Management, or related major;
- 8 years experience in similar positions with focus on strategic account management, business development, sales & marketing and/or revenue management.
- Passion for sales excellence and business development
- Strong account management, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to manage complex account relationships, develop/execute focused account plans, and manage large scale account implementation projects in cooperation with subject matter experts in HQ and Continents
- Fluent in oral and written communication in English.
- Mandarin language capabilities highly preferred.
- Ability to work well within all levels of the organization, especially internal and external senior managementJob Location
- Marriott s Continent office in Hong KongCORE WORK ACTIVITIESAccelerating transition from static to dynamic wholesale model
- In partnership with immediate supervisor, develop and execute a centralized commercial and contracts strategy with defined wholesale and leisure accounts
- Identify opportunities and develop a plan that prioritizes accounts to be technology enabled, and establish bi-lateral technology investment and commitments
- Supports Sr. Director, Distribution - APAC in developing, contextualizing and implementing the strategy and approach in APAC
- Works closely with Continent leadership teams to increase compliance of local wholesale contracts and explores options to fast track distribution control through static contracts
- Cooperates with Sr. Director Distribution Systems and Operations and/or CTAC teams to establish framework for operational excellence, KPIs and scalable approach for account specific operational execution (Direct Connect, content, images, payments, commission payments etc.)Managing the day-to-day relationship with assigned account portfolio
- Builds/maintains strong trusted relationship with assigned account portfolio
- Executes contract negotiations as assigned
- Develops detailed account plans, establishes KPIs and measures success against those KPIs
- Cooperates very closely with Global Sales and Continent Sales organizations to establish account teams and clear account goals/account team member accountabilities
- Establishes metrics with each assigned account to actively enhance the visibility of Marriott hotels to drive desired revenue in alignment with the principles of Marriott s Global Distribution StrategyProviding distribution strategy guidance and education to Continent stakeholders
- Provides support to Sr. Director, Distribution APAC on key account partner negotiations and business development opportunities
- Supports execution of Global Distribution Strategy projects as assigned
- Attends business review meetings as appropriate
- Delivers account updates to senior management (HQ and Continents) as needed
- Develops and provides training and educational sessions on distribution as it relates to account specific strategies to Continent teams and hotels as neededManaging Work, Projects, and Policies
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Provides direction and assistance to other organizational units policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of resources.Additional Responsibilities
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict.
- Informs and/or updates executives, peers, and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Requisition ID: 1700275C