Microsoft Corporation Windows Commercial Category Manager in Beijing, China
- What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
The Consumer and Device Sales (CDS) organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world.
The newly created Windows Commercial Category manager would be the hub for the region/country for the Windows Commercial Devcies (e.g. Windows Pro & IoT) and Server businesses. They drive the strategy, investment priorities, goals by account and engage with sales teams and channel marketing to develop plans that are landed thru the Device sales and Channel Marketing team. They are accountabile for Sell out and sell through with partner of Devices, COEM and Server. They will also support correction of error (COE) planning with sales and marketing teams.
- The Impact You’ll Be Making
• Drive marketing and sales plans - Take the WW strategy and adapt to build the regional/country sales and marketing plan; identify key segments for compete and growth opportunities. Provide feedback to corp issues, opportunities and help needed
• Drive Investment Alignment - Align investments across all commercial channels by pitching the strategy (including JMA); manage thru channel investments and ensure highest ROI.
• Land Curated Commercial Portfolio - Ensure curated commercial portfolio is landing and leverage device sellers to land.
• Ready the Team - Ensure commercial (Pro and Server) readiness across device leads, segment and partner teams – EPG, EDU, SMB & OEM.
• Tell the Product Story - Land local product and category stories with partners including pitch decks and readiness meetings so they are leading sell in aligned to Microsoft priorities. Hand off to sales leads.
• Oversee Winroom - Oversee the local Winroom to ensure usage maximization
• Manage and Montior ROB - Manage & Monitor the business identifying upside and managing risk or gaps. Deliver on the ROB for the assigned category of products, by channel.
• Drive Share Accountabilities with Commerical. Secure shared metrics, compete and sales motions aligned with commercial, also the giovernance and rythms for shared channels.
- Who We Are Looking For
• Analysis and Insight (10%)- Use internal and external data/research to assess industry/market trends, incorporate new concepts in to marketing strategies, position Microsoft products in the competitive ecosystem and understand the relevance of Microsoft products in partner portfolios.
• Marketing Principles (25%)- Develop integrated marketing plans and strategic market objectives by channel partner, drive marketing execution, and measure execution and return on investment (ROI).
• Strategic Business Planning (10%)- Create strategic business objectives and category plans across all commercial customer touch points, coordinate partner segmentation and prioritization, and strategically influence assortment and volume builds, and execute against the product lifecycle.
• Consultative Leadership (20%)- Influence partners with category subject matter expertise to support the sales motion across the channels. Impact and influence the product business groups and drive cross group collaboration.
• Business Operational Excellence (20%)- Execute against scorecards and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets, drive inventory management.
• Leadership (15%)- Influence across boundaries that delivers expected results.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Marketing/Business Bachelors Degree– MBA preferred
• 10+ years relevant commercial experience in Sales/Marketing/Supply Chain Mgmt
• Proven success at business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
• Strategic business planning
• Executive & Intercultural communication skills
• Strong partner relationships
• Cross group collaboration
• Forward looking and strategic thinking
• New product launch know how (economics, process, program, skills)
• Courage/risk taking
• Leading and thriving in ambiguity
• Strong coach and teacher of others