VMware Systems Engineer, Beijing in Beijing, China
The team will work directly with the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware products in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware. You will be completely focused on selling the value of VMware products.
• Present VMware products vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers.
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
• Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures.
• Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects.
• Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products.
• Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers.
• Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
• 5+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments.
• Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer.
• Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”.
• Core values and traits
o Independent, yet a huge desire to give back to your team
o Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
o Competitive by nature
• Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation.
• Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills.
• Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM.
• Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud Automation Center (vCAC), vCloud Director (vCD)
• Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
• Ability to communicate with Network Architects
• Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management.
• Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
• Ability to run NSX Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
• Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.