The Boeing Company Systems Engineer- Air Traffic Management in Beijing, China
A Systems Engineer is required to support projects being conducted by Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) in the country of China. BR&T is currently supporting Air Traffic Management efforts aimed at improving safety, efficiency and capacity for China air space and airports. We are looking for someone who can collaboratively work projects with internal and external stakeholders.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to: * Partner with government, airlines, universities and Boeing stakeholders to develop innovative ATM improvements which improve aircraft arrival and departure performance and optimize airport infrastructure. * Develop statement of work and oversee joint projects with University partners aimed at improving air traffic congestion issues. * Provide Air Traffic Control expertise to ensure projects are well designed to function in today’s air space operations. * Interface with internal stakeholders to ensure ATM support is integrated with other Boeing projects and requirements. * Work collaboratively with team members to foster an innovative environment.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
- Candidate must be eligible working in China
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry would be preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in air traffic control/air traffic management in China and demonstrate the following abilities:
- Strong project management skills
- Engineering background
- Flexibility to work on different technology areas and applications related to air traffic management
- Proven ability to work in multidiscipline teaming environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin is required.
- Familiarity with government and private institutions which oversee and participate in air traffic management and air traffic control in China
- Desire to be innovative, think strategically, learn new skills and apply knowledge in new ways
Job: *Systems Engineering Engineer
Organization: *Boeing Research & Technology
Title: Systems Engineer- Air Traffic Management
Requisition ID: 1700016574