Amazon.com Software Development Engineer in Beijing, China
Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also groups like our third-party Sellers. World-class retail brands and individual Sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. Over 2 million third-party Sellers offer new, used, and collectible selections to Amazon customers around the world. To meet our Sellers’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an Amazon service for our third-party Sellers. The FBA team partners with Sellers and our Amazon Fulfillment Centers to create a seamless experience for Sellers to leverage our world-class facilities. 71% of our FBA Sellers report more than a 20% increase in unit sales after joining FBA. In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do. Our FBA employees wake up every day thinking about how to enable our Sellers to be successful on our platform. Enabling Seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for Sellers and a win for customers. Want to learn more about FBA?
· Seller’s success stories: SellerSuccess
· A free book of stories from small businesses/sellers, authors, and innovators that are thriving on Amazon: Transformations-ebook
The Fulfillment by Amazon team is looking for a talented software development engineer to help implement important software that virtualizes Amazon.com's world class fulfillment and customer service capabilities. We are building highly available web services, reporting systems and merchant facing workflows. As a software development engineer you will work with multiple teams and talented engineers working on systems that are global in scope. As mentioned by Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon.com, in his annual letter to shareholders in 2006 and again in 2008, FBA is one of the strategic long term opportunities for the company to improve the lives of sellers and buyers while leveraging our billion dollar logistics infrastructure to generate increasing free cash flow.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
AMZR Req ID: 552997