Amazon.com Senior Vendor Manager, Books in Beijing, China
Do you enjoy beating ambitious targets? Do you possess excellent negotiation skills? Are you excited about the growth opportunities of selling consumer products on the internet? If your answer is yes, please join us! The Amazon Book team is looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Vendor Manager to make history with us together!
We are looking for a smart, analytical, and enthusiastic Vendor Manager to manage relationships with our publishing partners. This position will be responsible for acquiring new book selection, establishing direct purchasing terms with new vendors, negotiating terms improvements with existing vendors, conducting terms analysis and projections, and promoting Amazon programs and services for vendors. This person will also work with publishers to identify and then drive other key initiatives, such as category development, merchandising strategy, and participation in Amazon’s Look Inside the Book program.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication, the ability to analyze and communicate complex terms and margin structures, manage team, work well with other teams including Finance and Operations, and have strong presentation and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be flexible, creative, analytical, and able to drive negotiations through to completion. Keys to success also include strong ownership, work under pressure, a passion for innovation, and hustle.Lead TERF (textbook, reference, exam and foreign language)business to reach targets in all aspect, including
New vendor introduction, selection expansion, cost control, etc.
Forecasting and reviewing business performance regularly
Negotiating contracts and pricing. Independently handle/take ownership for accounts, both large and small.
Review and validate promotions; and Work with stakeholder teams to deliver the best-in-class customer experience.
Project management work with various internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and vendor management workflows.
Define process improvements and work with vendors to increase EDI utilization, improve returns processes, and reduce order defects.
The VM is responsible for managing relationships with a set of vendors and developing strategies to maximize these relationships. This includes thorough analysis of each vendor’s business resulting in the development of annual incentive and marketing plans that deliver aggressive margin goals together with merchandiser.
Key Strategic Objectives
Identify new growth opportunities
Analyze business data to find root cause of issues
Define the roadmap to achieve category goal and delivery result
Broaden our product selection relevant to our customer needs
Ensure competitive pricing
Communicate with operation, marketing and IT team to drive new capabilities
Business planning and forecast
Electronic Data Interchange system capability to manage and drive EDI connection.
• Bachelor Degree and above, MBA preferred
• Excellence in both oral and written English is a must, especially fluent in oral English
• 7+ years of professional buying experience or strong sales background involving the buying process.
• Able to demonstrate strong project management skills, outstanding leadership potential
• Strong business acumen. Should have an understanding of procurement margin & how it impacts responsibilities as well as solid understanding of buying fundamentals.
• Must be able to drive corporate or buying initiatives with accounts.
• High level of strategic thinking. Keeps abreast of industry trends; competing vendor, partner and/or product requests company-wide.
• Capable of roll up sleeves and willingness to work with the team
• Strong analytical skills and ability to independently deal with relevant tools (Excel, other internal tools)
Capable to deal with ambiguity
Work well under high pressure
Bias for action
Strong passion towards E-commerce
Highly-motivated to roll up your sleeves and get things done, learn by doing; and apply existing learning rapidly from one situation to the next.
AMZR Req ID: 579429
External Company URL: www.amazon.com