General Electric Senior Commercial Finance Manager in Beijing, China
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com
The Senior Commercial Finance Manager has overall responsibility for supporting the China SPS Sales GM on commercial strategy plus bidding execution. Besides managing the commercial finance aspect of China domestic activities, this role will also lead cross regional and functional teams to drive outside China export orders through Chinese EPC collaborations.
• Finance Function owner on Financial Summary; providing guidance to the finance team on profitability analysis, cash flow forecast
• Finance function owner to sign off risk approval before commercial bidding. Provide support for risk assessment.
• Review with the legal function the customer specifications with emphasis on commercial issues, payment terms and conditions, bonds.
• Interfacing with Tax function, Export Finance Departments and Sales team on determination of the project structure.
• Interfacing with the Treasury function on the currency strategy and monitoring during the tender phase the currency exposure for all firm and valid offers.
• Understand the bonds and guarantees, and pro-actively manage these instruments, through negotiation support. Including arranging initial bid bond and then supporting on the issue of project related bonds where contract award has been secured.
• Leading a team of 1-2 commercial analyst to assure transparency in generating the Financial Summary, adhering to GE directives and Business decisions & instructions.
• Lead and coordinate the Fin Sum with the businesses and product lines involved globally
• Define and prepare contract price adjustment formulas allowing adjustment of the contract price to compensate unforeseen cost changes.
• Determination of commercial costs including inflation, risk provisions and contingencies, cost of money and overheads, bonds, foreign currency exposure, hedging, duties, taxes, insurance and political risk.
• Reviewing the direct cost for the project, ensuring consistency with similar projects and overall completeness of the cost structure
• Preparation of the cash flow, propose / validate payment milestones
• Comment on calculations regarding risks and opportunities.
• Gathering feedback from project execution teams and consideration in active tenders
• Ensure continuous feedback on commercial sales project developments during negotiations/clarifications and channel information on commitments for presentation to Sector Management.
• Continuous development of cost calculation processes and systems to ensure integrity of the data and calculation.
A minimum of 8+ years of experience in a focused range of financial roles
Project Finance & Costing experience - experience with capital equipment
Power industry background knowledge preferred
Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
Sound understanding of commercial principles : INCOTERMS, commercial instruments, bonds, and payment securities (L/C)
Understanding of the components and the interconnectivity of the equipment in the sales project
Strong computer skills and data handling ability
Demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive financial targets
Trade finance & banking institution experience
Sound knowledge of risk management strategies and their application
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Creative and innovative problem solving skills
Self-motivated, high energy with strong ability to deliver results
Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or Engineering with bridge course in finance; GE finance experience preferred (FMP, CAS, AFLP, EFLP etc.)
Locations: China; BeiJing; Beijing
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.