Microsoft Corporation Researcher in Beijing, China
Title: Researcher for Computer Vision
Location: Beijing, China
Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) is looking for world-class researchers in the area of computer vision and video analytics.
The candidates will have an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic environment towards the design of next generation intelligent vision systems.
The primary responsibilities of a researcher include conducting basic and applied research on the most challenging computer science problems.
Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. and a well-established research track record as demonstrated by journal publications and conference papers, as well as participation on program committees, editorial boards, and advisory panels.
Additional requirements include outstanding communication skills and the ability to develop original research agendas. Junior candidates must have demonstrated outstanding potential for leadership in their field as judged by letters of recommendation.
Candidates must also be able to collaborate effectively with other researchers and product development teams.
• PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent field
• Extensive research experience in, and familiarity with, the literature in the areas of computer vision, machine learning, video
• analytics, and cloud media system
• Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and innovate.
• Strong research track record
• Excellent programming skills are a strong plus
• Experience with research projects a plus.
• Experience with web technologies like Silverlight, ASP.NET, AJAX, XML, REST and IIS
• Knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Perl, and PowerShell