Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company Project Shanghai Senior Financial Analyst in Beijing, China
Project Shanghai Senior Financial Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Accountable for driving and exceeding the financial budget including warranty
Running the day to day financial operation (not limiting to)
Matching/Reconciliation of AR/AP to ensure we only pay our supplier upon receipt of customer payment at customer and invoice level
Act as the finance single point of contact with
HPE Biz team/Concierge team/ Legal/ Tax/Controllership/AR/AP/others
Customer Biz team/Concierge team/ Legal/ Tax/Controllership/AR/AP/others
Manage and resolve disputes between different stakeholders
Submit FDE/Act/FLASH/Budget activities
FLASH submission per FP&A requirement
WD5 review with L3 WW Finance Vice President
- Ensure the financial accounting in HPE China is in compliance with HPE Accounting & Financial Manual (AFM), US GAAP and China regulatory
Complex accounting environment, combination of net/gross in management and legal book
Remaining contracts have complex project sign off and payment milestones
Ensure warranty accounting is being executed per Global HPE warranty accounting process
- Lead, advise, design and execute global inbound and outbound deal
New and Complex Flexible Capacity/Data Center Care financial flow
HPE entities vs China HPE (HP Financial Services vs HP Enterprise Services vs Technology Services) vs Customer
Delivery countries vs negotiating countries
Local invoicing vs central invoicing
About the candidate
• Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA).
• Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
· Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
· Superior communication and influencing skills.
· Superior teamwork skills
· Excellent business acumen.
· Fluent business English, including reading and writing
· Fluency in Mandarin, including reading and writing is essential, as this role is required to work and communicate with Chinese counterparts in China.
· Understands Technology Services business: We need a leader who can direct the finance team in China and the Operation office staff
· Drives and implements innovative solutions to unique problems
· Strong track record building relationships within HPE and customer
· Willingness to work on and provide input/consultation on activities outside of the TS scope
.Prior TS finance experience in China strongly preferred
· A high-energy, entrepreneurial self-starter, independent decision maker; ability to work with minimum direct supervision or guidance from others;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Excellent problem solving, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
· Strong negotiation, collaboration, and relationship building skills;
· Ability to be hands on - get to details as and when required;
· Proven ability to manage priorities and conflicts;
· Demonstrated ability to lead and foster an environment for cross-functional & cross-cultural collaboration, knowledge sharing, and leverage across organizations and teams and achieve results in line with overall organization interest;
· Shows self-confidence, stamina, and courage;
· Flexibility (serving customers across geographies) and strong ability to handle ambiguity
· Implementation - ability to push aggressively and get things done.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Technology innovation that fosters business transformation.
We Are In the Acceleration Business
We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Some of our customers run traditional IT environments. Most are transitioning to a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-friendly infrastructure. Many rely on a combination of both. Wherever they are in that journey, we provide the technology and solutions to help them succeed.
Standards of business conduct (SBC):
The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) embody the fundamental principles that govern our ethical and legal obligations to Hewlett Packard Enterprise. They pertain not only to our conduct within the company but also to conduct involving our customers, channel partners, suppliers and competitors.
Read more about how we win the right way.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides equal employment opportunity to any employee or applicant without regard to sex, gender, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, uniformed service status, familial status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you’d like more information about your EEO right as an applicant under the law, please click here: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Supplement
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com.
Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.