Google Product Manager, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence in Beijing, China
At Google, we put our users first. From innovative software products like Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, Street View to pioneering mobile devices like the Android, we build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with Googlers from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance, to name just a few. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed. As a Product Manager, you will be part of shaping Google's next moonshot.
There is always more information out there, and the Research and Machine Intelligence team has a never-ending quest to find it and make it accessible. We're constantly refining our signature search engine to provide better results, and developing offerings like Google Instant, Google Voice Search and Google Image Search to make it faster and more engaging. We're providing users around the world with great search results every day, but at Google, great just isn't good enough. We're just getting started.
- Develop and enhance products and launch them on a regular basis.
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy in ML/AI areas.
- Understand the needs and gather product requirements, engage closely with Engineering teams to help determine the implementation roadmap.
- Coordinate exposure and feedback to/from product/engineering teams (e.g. Google Brain research and engineering teams), as well as cross-functional teams (e.g. Marketing team).
- Work with partners, be advocate of Google AI technologies, and build a strong AI ecosystem for Google.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a Product Management, Engineering and Technology Strategy role.
- Experience working in the internet industry.
- Master's degree or PhD in Machine Learning (ML) or Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Experience in building Machine Learning systems/platforms.
- Understanding of the China AI ecosystem.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (writing PRDs and strategy docs, writing and delivering presentations, including to leadership).
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.