UBS Financial Services Legal Counsel in Beijing, China
Job Reference #:
Do you have experience dealing with employment legal matters? Do you enjoy handling people issues? We're looking for someone like this to:
– partner with various functions within Human Resources, including Employee Relations, HR Shared Services and Line Manager Advisory
– draft employment contracts and employee handbooks
– advise on employee exits and terminations, disciplinary, data protection, redundancies, policies, whistleblowing, discrimination, outsourcing and any employee litigation
– manage and support regional and global HR projects
Country / State:
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the APAC Employment Legal team in China to provide legal support to UBS's Human Resources function in China. You'll work within a regional team of 4 lawyers, and report into the Head of Employment Legal, Asia Pacific.
Your experience and skills:
– relevant university legal degree and/or post graduate qualification, with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience (PQE)
– employment law background, regional experience will be an advantage
– self-motivation and capability of delivering solution-oriented, firm but fair, pragmatic and risk-based advice
– strong written and oral communication skills, comfortable in interacting with all levels of employees including senior management
– sound critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to apply those skills to a wide range of HR issues
– excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, including listening, client engagement and conflict resolution
– demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and deliver against deadlines
– high standard of literacy in English, both written and oral
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?