Thomson Reuters Credit Controller in Beijing, China
- Cash collection on a defined book of business.
- Work closely with clients, some of which are Fortune 500 Companies and Thomson Reuters internal staff to resolve client disputes and follow through to satisfactory resolution which results in payment of invoices.
- Manage the decision process on disconnecting customers when payments cannot be negotiated.
- Manage complicated cash application issues.
- Monitor & analyze collection trends and identify debt issues at an early stage for resolution.
- Aid Regional Credit Managers in compilation of monthly credit control reporting.
- Recommend any changes in country credit control tiering & mapping to improve efficiency.
- Ensure actions from monthly business unit debt provisioning meetings are followed-up.
- Ensure accounting for bad debts and provisioning comply with accounting standards.
- Build effective relations with CA and Business Unit management.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure thorough financial analyses of the viability of commercial propositions.
- Help regional implementation of Credit Control Global.
CF Collection activities include investigating delinquent accounts, analyzes account performance, makes recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigates bankruptcy claims. May coordinate efforts and/or refer accounts to third party action when internal collections are not effective. Maintains records and files and generates related reports. To view the full job code description, copy and paste the following url into your browser to access the GRF site, https://reachingourpeople.com/career-development/global-role-framework/. Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Thomson Reuters business, products and services.
- Ability to deal with professional client base and complex customer issues with limited supervision.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to exercise good judgment.
Qualifications External At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Accounting & Finance Family Group
Organization: *Finance - F&R - ALL
Title: Credit Controller
Requisition ID: 17000988