Amazon.com Business Development Mgr, Incubators and Accelerators in Beijing, China
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers save substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
As a Business Development Manager (BDM) for Incubators and Accelerators powered by AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver AWS strategy to build mind share and drive adoption of the AWS platform in the startup ecosystem. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships with Incubators, Accelerators, startup communities, and VCs in China, BDM will manage the day-to-day interactions with the Incubators and Accelerators powered by AWS.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them engage at the CXO level of startups and VCs, as well as a program management background that enables them to easily manage Incubators and Accelerators powered by AWS. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, market, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with the knowledge of startup ecosystem and the cloud computing market.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the startup incubation team in helping to define and deliver the overall startup business strategy in China. Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· As a program manager of the one key initiative program for startups in China, PM’s main responsibilities are to help execute the program plan, including evaluating the startups from the business perspective and track the progress of startup members in the program. Prepare and give business reviews of the program to the senior management team.
· Execute the startup incubation plan for the startup incubation Program while working with key internal stakeholder, e.g. Sales, marketing, partner, PR, legal, and support team. Work with the Incubators and Accelerators powered by AWS to execute the campaigns for the incubation program in China.
· By establishing and growing business and technical relationships with the Incubators and Accelerators powered by AWS, startup communities, and VCs in China, PM will manage the day-to-day interactions. Engage with incubators, accelerators, startup communities, and local governments to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS. This includes developing detailed account plans to track the progress of top startup partners and achievement to goals.
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS. Ensure that AWS is the startups’ Preferred Cloud Computing platform across all product lines.
· More than 10 years of program management or business operation /development experience in the IT industry.
· Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique value propositions for China startups through the collaboration with Accelerators & Incubators and VCs.
· Track record of program management or partner managing, with all up responsibility across the entire organization
· Good presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
· Excellent English both in oral and write
· Experience in program management of startups program and business operation of incubators is preferred
AMZR Req ID: 483586
External Company URL: www.amazon.com